Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to the grind

Actually, I'm quite pleased to be back at work. I get a little bit antsy when I spend too many days in a row with the children if there isn't a specific activity taking up the bulk of our time. I didn't want to plan an actual event everyday during the break. I figure the kids need some unstructured time to let them direct themselves. Unfortunately, their usual direction either involves tormenting each other or tormenting me. It may not have been really that bad, but I'm still glad to be back at work.

3 comments:

-lyn said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I held out until you were 10, but by that time I was locking myself in the bathroom so I could have some "unstructured time" for myself!

Team Sharma said...

Do you remember how I used to scratch at the bathroom door like a cat while trying to annoy you enough that you would come back out? I am just curious. Someone taught my kids that trick too and you were here just a few weeks ago.....

-lyn said...

Yes, now that you mention it...I DO remember that annoyance.
But, no, I swear I did not even mention that to your kids. Maybe it is genetic?

I did teach several members of the younger generation how to hang spoons from their noses, tho. That will be next for Sheela ...