Sunday, January 22, 2006

"Wow! What a weekend!"

Sorry, that's the title of a radio bit on our local station -- but it was a great weekend. Since the kids went home from school with friends and Sid had to do a wine tasting at the last minute, I managed to go to happy hour with some friends. I was too hungry to just drink margaritas so I went ahead and ordered a steak. It was wonderful be to be out.

We managed to gut and paint the closet and pick Sunil up before it got too late. The nieces stayed downtown with Sushama Friday night. Sid was already up before Sunil woke up on Saturday. So the two of them went to pick up Seema and Nita. Then they stopped at IHOP for breakfast. I slept until 9 AM (possibly the weekend highlight)!

Then Sunil and I started his next session of Kindermusik. About this time we figured out that he has pink eye. But its okay because Aunt Ban is a doctor. So she called in a scrip and he's better already (from his point of view). I took all of the kids to the park during Sheela's practice. The kids went to bed at a reasonable hour and the Sharma's plane was only a few hours late. I stayed up until midnight, just long enough to say "welcome home!"

Sheela and I went to her last soccer game of the season this morning. They went out on a high note. We won this one 7-0. Its not official until mid-day tomorrow but we finished 4th out of 5 teams.

The birthday celebration was lunch at Macaroni Grill followed by gift opening at the house and sleeping in front of football. Life is good.

I almost forgot, it started to rain early this morning and hasn't stopped yet. The ground is actually squishy. We really needed this.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like another full-on but fabulous weekend!