Monday, September 12, 2005

Ants

The ant population here in Texas is exploding for the Fall. Apparently the Sharma house was designated as a safe haven and they told all of their friends to come on in. Since they didn't tell me I arranged to have the exterminator come and spray. I thought he said that they would be gone in three days. Today is day six and the numbers are still increasing I called to discuss it further. Apparently it takes three weeks for them to really be gone, in the mean time they will continue to cycle. When their trails form up I'm supposed to scrub them out with bleach and it will take 2-3 days for them to re-establish the route.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember ants marching into our house in Oklahoma and nesting under one of the plastic "bean bag" chairs. Ugh! They were huge black ants ... the kind you could trip over if you weren't paying attention. Are yours big or the smaller and meaner fire ants? Or some other kind? Mom

Team Sharma said...

I remember the large black ants under the green bean bag. These are relatively small, black and auburn, sugar ants. They don't bite so are just a nuisance. BTW - it takes closer to 2-3 hours than 2-3 days for them to reestablish those ant trails. As another little side note, there are close to 4000 species of ant 2000 of which thrive here in Texas.

-lyn said...

Ah, yes, the dark side of paradise!