Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia

I bought the boxed set of the Narnia books from Sheela's school. Last night I read The Magician's Nephew. I remembered a lot less of this book that I usually remember. I must not have actually read it before. It was good and an easy read. I wasn't sure if Sunil would enjoy them. It may be a little bit slow for him yet. He'd enjoy the story but more the cliff note version. Sheela can probably read it herself, but there are a lot of references that she just wont get so we will add it to our list of things to read aloud. Now I have to decide if I should make her wait until I've read all seven books before we start. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I saw the cartoon movie when I was very little, then read the books when I was a little older, then read them again a few years ago - it's a great saga, and one that won't grow old.

Team Sharma said...

They've made The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe into "a major motion picture" due for release this Fall. I'm glad I'll have the chance to reread it before we go.