Friday, September 30, 2005

VIP Day

Today Anderson Elementary School celebrated their third annual Granparents/VIP Day. Sid and I both managed to go. This year the kids showed us what they do in their "special" classes: gym, art, music, computers and in the library. After all of that they can go out to lunch and then have the afternoon off. As I had to come back for work, Sheela and Sid are spending the day together.

Next week is Fall break here in Allen. For those of you from places where school starts near Labor Day, Fall Break is the kid's reward for starting school at the beginning of August. Since both kids have the week off we are going on a vacation. The plan is to drive down to Big Bend National Park and spend some time hiking and camping.

I was hoping to run some errands at lunch today in preparation for the trip, but I ended up giving blood at lunch. Now I need to go eat a huge lunch (really fast) so I can get a few projects finished at work before taking off for a week.

2 comments:

-lyn said...

Have a great vacation. When is the last time you were able to take a family camping / hiking trip? Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Cool.